Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mini Beer Haul from Minnesota


On a quest to find some Hamm's beer (my last name for any of you who don't know) we wandered into a Surdyk's Liquor store in Minneapolis last weekend. We found Hamm's, but only in a 30pk, which we neither wanted or needed. I was curious to try it, but not that curious. Lucky for us though, Surdyk's proved to be quite the store.

Since we had not been planning on a beer haul, we really didn't have much room to bring stuff back, so we only chose 3 bottles. I settled on a Boulevard Brewing Smokestack Series - The Sixth Glass (quadruple), Avery's Mephistopheles Stout (15.92%!!), and a Two Brothers Bare Tree 2008 (wheatwine). Needless to say I was very pleased with finding these beers, the Mephistopheles has eluded me for a few years now, and I think I got the last bottle in the store. We also picked up a four pack of Pere Jacques (Dubbel) from Goose Island to enjoy over the weekend. I couldn't bring myself to pay $20 for the Bourbon County Stout that is raved about.

No comments:

Post a Comment