Friday, March 20, 2009

New Bar - Foundation

I've been aware that a new bar called Foundation was opening on Fayetteville St. for a couple months now.  It opened 2 weeks ago, and I finally made it out after work this afternoon.  Their space is a nice, cozy and relaxing renovation that is actually under Fayetteville St.  They do not serve any food - so they do charge $1 for their membership.  Inside you find a welcoming atmosphere, with a wooden bar, and multiple tables throughout the rest of the space.  There are 8 total taps - including 2 that will be rotating.  Foundation focuses on locally produced beverages, featuring only North Carolina beer, mostly North Carolina wine, and all of their liquors are from the United States - Rums are from the Virgin Islands.  I enjoyed Duck Rabbit Barleywine and French Broad Rye Hopper.  They just recieved the first keg of Fuquay's Aviator Brewing Tripel.  I was lucky enough to recieve a taste.  It had a nice yeasty, malty, sweet aroma.  I do not want to comment on tastes, as my palate was already deep into the Barleywine.  I look forward to trying the Tripel on its own - it is one of my favorite styles, and this is the first locally brewed example that I have been aware of.

If you are looking for a nice after work or late night spot for a drink or two, I highly suggest giving Foundation a shot - the atmosphere is great - no TV's, excellent music, and a very unique environment.  Pair this with a very well selected list of beers, wines and liquors and you have a winner in my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment